The Youth Employment Project (YEP), in cooperation with IEEE has been recognized as a project enormously impacting Bosnia & Herzegovina through innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership development. This year, the IEEE President Ms. Karen Bartleson recognized distinct individuals for their self-effacing effort – amongst them the YEP team leader Dr. Ranko Markuš and entrepreneurship component leader Mr. Dženan Trbić. Throughout the year leading up to the Congress, YEP has worked tirelessly in channeling their efforts towards educating, mentoring, supporting and empowering young entrepreneurs being recognized at the Congress. As mentors, guiding these young entrepreneurs from beginning to end, YEP was proud to sit back and watch the young leaders of tomorrow bravely presenting their finished product.
For going “above and beyond” in improving conditions for young people in B&H, IEEE has awarded the following recipients the President Medal:
- Dr. Ranko Markuš – For his leadership and generous contributions to the IEEE/YEP Innovation & Entrepreneurship program in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Mr. Dzenan Trbic – For his tremendous contributions towards the development of IEEE/YEP Innovation & Entrepreneurship program in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Ms. Dejana Ugrenovic – For her outstanding leadership in promoting IEEE in Banja Luka and contributions to the 2017 IEEE SYP Congress
- Dr. Aleksandar Mastilovic – For demonstrated IEEE leadership and advocacy of IEEE values and empowerment of youth throughout Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Dr. Denis Spahic – For commitment towards IEEE/YEP Innovation & Entrepreneurship program, , advocacy for youth employment and establishment of ZEN3D startup company
- Mr. Nemanja Vujanic – For commitment towards IEEE/YEP Innovation & Entrepreneurship program, advocacy for youth employment and an establishment of DevStudio startup company.
The President Medal recipient awards is available at link below: